G Texas Catering has produced high-profile events in the Dallas area and throughout the region for more than 16 years. As our company grew, so did our commitment to giving back to our community. We have provided Catering and Bar services for more than 20 Cattle Baron’s Galas in cities throughout Texas including Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Tyler, Amarillo, Lubbock, Longview, Palestine – the list goes on. Other ACS events include Golf Tournaments, Junior Cattle Baron’s, Underwriters Parties and Trailblazer’s events. It has been our pleasure to help the American Cancer Society at their fundraising events in Dallas so they can fight to save lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures and fighting back.
Who is the American Cancer Society?
Founded over 100 years ago, the American Cancer Society is known for its nationwide, free programs and services for people with cancer and their families. Their mission is to help those with cancer understand their disease, manage all the ups and downs of treatment and recovery, and be emotionally supportive during the entire journey. The ACS has several programs in place to fulfill this mission:
- The National Cancer Information Center provides 24/7/365 hotline and live chat to provide accurate, timely information about services and resources in the patients’ communities.
- Patient Lodging Programs provides hotel stays when patients are away from home for treatment.
- Road to Recovery provides rides to cancer patients who need assistance getting to and from treatment.
- Reach to Recovery is designed for breast cancer patients to be matched with a mentor who has “been there” to talk about ways to cope with breast cancer.
- TLC catalog and website provides breast cancer support with products such as wigs, hairpieces breast forms, and mastectomy swimwear.
- Look Good Feel Better allows volunteer cosmetologists to teach women (also men and teenagers) to deal with appearance-related side effects of cancer, including skin and hair issues.
- Patient Navigator Program connects a patient with a patient navigator to talk one-on-one about a patient’s situation.
How does the American Cancer Society raise money?
The ACS has many fundraisers all over the country all year long. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks are three to five miles of friendly walking with entertainment afterward. Another popular fundraiser is Relay for Life. Relay for Life events have a few things in common: team participation, emphasis on survivors & caregivers as well as decorated paper bag luminarias, glowing with candles, each representing a life. The Coaches vs Cancer fundraiser and educational programs is driven by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. Volunteers for the ACS also plan many galas, balls and parties to fundraise for this worthy cause. The largest single-day fundraiser is the Cattle Baron’s Ball.
The Cattle Baron’s Ball Event in Dallas
This year marks the 45th annual Cattle Barron’s Ball. The Cattle Barron’s Ball was introduced in 1974 and over the years has raised over $77 million dollars for research which funded, among other things, the development of several drugs to treat breast cancer, a prostate cancer PSA screening test, the ‘inherited gene’ discovery for breast and colon cancer and the Clinical Trials Matching Service which allows patients to choose from over 65,000 options for treatment.
“The American Cancer Society does so much good for those with and affected by cancer,” John Gilbert, President and Owner of G Texas Catering said, “Their volunteers inspire us as they work tirelessly to raise funds for this worthy cause to give back every chance that we can.”
We are so excited for the 45th annual Cattle Barons Ball. Keep your eyes peeled for a sneak peek of the menu we created for this special event!
G Texas Catering is one of the leading catering and special events company operating in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, providing upscale catering, bar services and event design for high profile corporate events, galas, conventions, social gatherings, special occasions and for some of Dallas-Fort Worth’s top venues and meeting planners